Monday, February 11, 2013

Find New Flicks to Watch with Movie Twist for Android

Find New Flicks to Watch with Movie Twist for Android

As a movie buff I’m always on the lookout for new movie apps. Movie Twist as a cool one I stumbled across a few days ago and it claims to be the first Artificial Intelligence powered movie search & exploration app. It’s pretty safe to say that Skynet isn’t behind Movie Twist, but it does as advertised and is a handy app to have on hand if you’re trying to find new flicks to watch.

Movie Twist is an “exploration tool” which is advertising slang for it lets you search and find movies related to the ones you like. There are a several different ways to find interesting flicks including a general search, explore, concepts, and auto recommend. The explore function is cool as it lets you adjust sliders to find movies; the sliders let you adjust  different things like pace, funny, sex, violent, and run time. You can also narrow things down by genre through checking boxes which further allows you to customize your search.

Another interesting aspect is the Concepts tab that lets you find flicks based on your mood. When I put in “Mean” I got The Thing (82’ version), Salems Lot, and In the Mouth of Madness among others… not too shabby and all three are great flicks. Last but not least, you’ve got the auto recommend which uses any movies you “star” in conjunction with your past searches within the app to find new movies. I starred several over the past few weeks and the app worked well to pick things that I actually liked based on those preferences.

I’m that guy that’s probably seen every movie you could throw at me so Movie Twist couldn’t find much for me as I’ve seen basically seen everything within my favorite genres… sci-fi & horror. That being said I’m not your “typical” movie goer,  and the app is a perfect fit your average movie lover as it does a great job recommending movies based on your preferences or search parameters. If you’re looking for a new way to find movies you’ll enjoy Saguru’s Movie Twist is well worth a look and you can pick it up for free on Google Play.

Movie Twist

Filed Under: Articles

Tags: , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

//PART 2