Saturday, February 16, 2013

Weird Game of the Week: Alpaka Evolution from Beltheva

Weird Game of the Week: Alpaka Evolution from Beltheva

It’s been awhile since we covered something kooky, but Alpaka Evolution from Beltheva certainly fits the bill. When a games play store description simply says “Alpaka peaceful… either devil or god or….” you know you’re in for a strange trip.

Alpaka Evolution is a game about one Alpaca that’s out to evolve into the top Alpaca around. Evolve is putting it mildly as it’s more of a mutation, but we’ll get to that in a minute. When you fire up the game you’ll see an Alpaka (the k makes it meaner) standing in a field with other Alpacas. When you tap one of the beast your Alpaka will run over and punch it in the face knocking it unconscious. Guess what happens next? You suck their souls out of their bodies before they wake up… seriously.

You don’t really get to soul suck at first (I think you eat them) as you evolve you consume the helpless Alpacas in more disturbing ways.  I won’t spoil it, but I’ve seen my monstrosity suck a dead body into its own and I’m only on the 3rd stage or so. Your Alpaka changes forms each time it clears a goal; the goals are that you kill a set number of Alpacas so it’s not that challenging. I have no clue how many evolutions you get to go through, I think I’m on the 4th or 5th one and have to kill 400 Alpacas to advance. I’m currently on 287 and have only played the game an hour or so. That wasn’t a typo, I’ve actually played Alpaka Evolution for an hour solid for some bizarre reason.

Alpaka Evolution is definitely the strangest game I’ve covered, but it’s also the funnest strange game I’ve covered. There’s really nothing to the game besides killing Alpacas, but it’s so damned weird you really want to see what comes next. What makes all this better is the fact that Alpaka Evolution isn’t even the strangest game from Beltheva. They have another game I briefly played that involved Peter Pan, a portable toilet, and fighting of some sort. If you want to check out the strangeness that is Alpaka Evolution you can head on over to Google Play and pick it up for free.

Alpaka Evolution

Filed Under: Articles

Tags: , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

//PART 2